Travel Sales & Product Specialist in Wandsworth, London
Salary: £17,000 - £21,000 plus Commission (OTE £36,000+ Uncapped)
We are currently seeking Office-based OR Home-base Experienced Travel Consultants anywhere in the UK and Ireland. Home-based Consultants may be invited to work in our London office for a short while (depending on experience) as part of training.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. Saturday working will be required on a rota basis, dependent upon business requirements.
Contract Permanent – Full Time
This is your opportunity to work as a Wellness Travel Sales and Product Specialist for Health and Fitness Travel, the UK’s leading wellness travel company. We are a small, friendly and motivated team of experts who share the passion for creating tailor-made wellness holidays worldwide and for providing our clients with bespoke healthy holidays to luxury destinations. In order to continue delivering our outstanding customer care, we are committed to hiring travel and product specialists with strong customer focus, prior sales experience, travel industry knowledge and a personal interest in health and fitness. Someone who is self-organised and can multi-task within a fast-growing and forward-thinking company makes the ideal candidate.
As a Travel Sales and Product Specialist, you will be working in a fast-paced and challenging environment, liaising between clients and suppliers to organise all elements of customers’ holidays.
60 – 90% of the time will be dedicated to sales, by responding promptly to enquiries generated via phone, email and the website. Health and Fitness Travel is more than just a booking service; with exceptional product knowledge, we go the extra mile to offer a consultancy service for clients looking to book the best wellness holidays around the world. You will be expected to establish our clients’ individual requirements and make suitable recommendations for their holidays.
The other 10 - 40% of the time will be focused on product, by being the main point of contact for day-to-day queries from within the business and our suppliers. You will be expected to take a proactive approach to solving issues and to ensuring information accuracy between the company and suppliers. A varied range of tasks from product research and development, contract management, to assisting the PR & Marketing team will be part of your day-to-day.
Sales (60 – 90% of the time)
- Be committed to providing exceptional customer service and knowledge-based advice to our discerning client base of health-conscious travellers
- Contribute to building a strong client base who books with us year-after-year by providing a professional and efficient service. It’s your goal to ensure all clients return home having had a holiday which exceeds their expectations
- Use your initiative to develop your own product knowledge
- Make the most of every genuine sales enquiry, recognise the difference between good and bad leads and maximise revenue at all times
- Evaluate the client’s needs and make suitable holiday recommendations following your discussions
- Calculate costs and preparing quotations
- Confirm all holiday bookings with suppliers and guests and organise amendments to booking details when necessary
- Provide a post-holiday service to clients and collect feedback
Product (10 – 40% of the time)
- Maintain and manage contracts with existing suppliers
- Manage prices and offers
- Maintain and improve supplier and trade relationships
- Assist with the setup of the reservation system by loading and updating contracts with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Make sure all worldwide products are accurate and up-to-date on our website and internal records
- Monitor and report on competitors’ product and marketing activities
- Be involved in contracting and negotiating with all suppliers, as requested by the Product Manager
- Assist with finding new and relevant suppliers
- Assist PR & Marketing team with enquiries about product
- Write and edit content pertaining to product
- Good analytical skills, initiative, attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong personal organisation skills and the ability to multi-task
- Experience working in a Sales environment with performance targets and objectives
- Travel industry experience
- Personal interest in health, fitness and/or wellness
- Strong negotiating skills and results orientated
- Good numeracy skills
- Good computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong communication skills – spoken and written with strong focus on grammar
- Desire to learn and improve
- Excellent time management
- Dedicated, targets driven, confident and gregarious
- Ability to work and contribute in a small friendly team atmosphere
- Self-motivated and ability to work with deadlines under minimal supervision
- Prior client service experience and product
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Team player
- Creative flair and eager to learn
- Opportunity to visit our resorts around the world
- The opportunity for career progression
- Uncapped commission structure
- Team outings
- Monthly in-office homemade juices and smoothies
Health and Fitness Travel is a global luxury wellness travel company that originated in the UK in 2010 and is committed to providing healthy holidays that enhance and change lives. They offer clients a tailor-made seamless service with the very best health and fitness holidays, handpicked by its expert team, together with exclusive and added value packages with the best deals. As leading specialists, Health and Fitness Travel has also created their own collection of trademark healthy holidays in various destinations which include Fusion Fitness™, BodyBreak™ and Discover Recover™, offering clients the best value and holiday experience. For more information visit: www.healthandfitnesstravel.com/about-us
We would love to get back to everyone but can’t always due to the number of applicants we receive. If you haven’t heard from us it’s because we are keeping you on file for next time.
View other vacancies on our Job Opportunities page.