Located in the untouched south of Mauritius, set in a tranquil bay on a curving lagoon of white sand Shanti Maurice is the ideal holiday destination to rejuvenate mind, body and soul. With a choice of many other luxury resorts in Mauritius, I considered myself lucky to have found this gem of a place.
This beautiful resort on the Mauritian south coast spreads across 35 acres of tropical gardens and pristine white sands. Shanti Maurice’s world-class Shanti Spa combines age-old regimes with contemporary international treatments for revitalised senses and spiritual awakening. Experienced therapists help guests take control of their bodies in order to de-stress, detoxify and rebalance, and also offer lectures and classes for a fresh approach to long lasting health. An extensive leisure programme invites guests to pursue activities as diverse as cooking classes, water sports, jogging, yoga and finger painting, among others. Boat tours and excursions farther afield are also easily arranged.
Programmes at Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa
Shanti Maurice is spread over 35 acres of tropical gardens, with unparalleled views of the surrounding hills and offshore reefs, the resort is located in the south coast of Mauritius. Nestling between sugarcane fields and the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, Shanti Maurice satisfies all the senses. With exotic gardens, pristine white sands, a sublime spa, spacious accommodation and restaurants brimming with fresh ideas, you'll find a place, and people, devoted to pleasure. Discover the healing benefits of world class spa treatments; try a private class of yoga, cooking lesson, meditation, a game of tennis or experience the fitness activities - kayaking, golf, windsurfing, morning Powerwalks and more. You can be as busy or as quiet as you want to at Shanti.
The esteemed culinary experience on offer at Shanti Maurice is imaginative and innovative. Local produce is sourced fresh from the ocean, garden, or farms close by and promises to please even the most discerning of palates.
This restaurant looks over the starlit Indian Ocean and offers exquisite Aquacasia cuisine.
For a more authentic feel of the local gastronomy, the Fish Shack grills fresh fish, meat and game on the beachside accompanied by a range of cocktails and beer.
La Kaze Mama
La Kaze Mama offers guests the opportunity to dine on authentic Mauritian home cooking in an outdoor setting.
Red Ginger Bar & Pool Lounge
For views across the infinity pool, Red Ginger Lounge is the place to meet for a late-night drink or alfresco and indoor dining.
Guests can also choose to experience the ultimate picnic with wholesome meals created by the chefs to sample in your favourite shady picnic spot. Within the Shanti Spa, optimum health and dietary change is promoted through the ‘Wellness Cuisine’ where fresh, light and nutritional food is prepared.
Facilities & Services
2 x Floodlit tennis courts
Limousine and helicopter services available upon request
The suites and villas at Shanti Maurice are all ocean-facing and are among the most generously proportioned in Mauritius. The villas all have private pools and are surrounded by exotic private gardens, terraces and courtyards.
Junior Suite Ocean View
Junior Suite Beach Access
Spa Junior Suite
Junior Suite Oceanfront
Junior Suite Beachfront
Luxury Pool Villa
Beachfront Suite Pool Villa
Luxury Double Suite Pool Villa
Shanti Villa with Pool
- Dolphin watching
- Group sailing
- Snorkelling sessions
- Outdoor pursuits
- Cultural activities
- Vedanta sessions
- Yoga and Pranayama sessions
- Traditional meditation
- Ayurveda Lecture
- Fitness Sessions
- Well-being programmes with visiting masters
- Garden tours
- Cooking classes
The spacious Shanti Spa allows you to awaken your senses, restore mental wellbeing and revitalise your spirits. Nutritionists, personal trainers, Ayurvedic physicians and yoga masters collaborate to ensure guests feel mentally positive and physically rejuvenated. Through a mix of ancient regimes and modern wellness regimes, unique treatments are created, designed to go beyond rediscovering tranquillity.
The Shanti Spa at Shanti Maurice focuses on the connection between mind, body and spirit, enabling you to explore your inner self. At the Shanti Spa, your intellect as well as your body is taken on a journey with holistic therapies and wellness regimes for a complete harmony between inner and outer self.
- 45% discount on accommodation for stays between 29 April - 30 September 2019 (combinable with the Family Offer ONLY; book by 15 September 2019)
- 55% discount on accommodation for stays between 1-13 October 2019 (combinable with the Family Offer ONLY; book by 31 October 2019)
- 50% discount on accommodation for stays between 14-31 October 2019 (combinable with the Family Offer ONLY; book by 31 October 2019)
- 10% discount on accommodation for stays between 1-30 November 2019 (combinable with the Family Offer ONLY; book by 31 October 2019)
Long Stay Offer
- 20% discount for stays of 4 to 7 nights
- 25% discount for stay of 8 to 14 nights
- 30% discount for stay of 15 nights or more
(Valid for travel year-round except during Festive Season. Combinable with Early Booking bonus, Family offer and Spa Junior Suite Offer)
Early Booking Bonus
- 15% discount for bookings made 45 days prior to arrival.
(Valid for travel year-round except during Festive Season. Combinable with Long Stay offer, Family offer and Spa Junior Suite Offer only)
- Two children up to 11.99 years old, can share the suites and/or villa of the parents on a complimentary basis. Children are free on same meal plan booked by the parents.
Valid for travel year round. During Festive, the New Year's Gala dinner is applicable. Combinable with Long Stay, Early Booking Bonus, and Spa Junior suite offer only.
- Benefit from a 50% discount on the Suite/ Villas per night rate.
Valid for travel year-round except during Festive Season. Offer is also applicable for a single parent travelling with one child up to 11.99 years old. Offer if not combinable with any other offer.
Repeat Guest Offer:
- Receive additional 10% discount (for repeat guests who stayed at Shanti Maurice & Spa since September 2010)
- One dinner at Fish Shack (maximum of 2 adults; once per stay excl. beverages)
- Champagne on arrival
Valid year-round except during Festive Season. Combinable with the Long Stay Offer, Early Booking Bonus, Family Offer and Spa Junior Suite Offer.
Spa Junior Suite Offer
- Receive one (1) massage for a duration of 45 minutes per person per night.
Valid year-round except during Festive Season and is subject to availability. Minimum 4 nights required. Combinable with Long Stay offer, Early Booking Bonus, and Family offer.
Honeymoon & Wedding Anniversary
- 100% discount applicable for the bride
- One bottle of sparkling wine in Suites/villa upon arrival
- One (1) romantic candlelight dinner once per stay excluding drinks
- One (1) couple massage for a duration of 45 minutes once per stay in the Shanti Spa
- Free upgrade to next higher room category (subject to availability at time of check-in)
Offer is combinable with the Family offer and the Spa Junior suite offer only. Minimum 5 nights stay required. Applicable also for same sex couple.
- Unlimited complimentary green fee at the 18 hole 'Avalon Golf & Country Club'
- Return transfer to/from the Avalon Golf Estate. Transfer is bookable through the concierge and will depend on the set timetable as fixed by the Resort.
- 1 Golf cart
- 1 tray of driving range balls
Valid all year round, combinable with Early Booking Bonus, Long Stay offer, Family offer, Single traveller offer, Spa Junior suite offer and honeymoon offer.
Shanti Maurice; My health & fitness holiday getaway
NicoleVisited July 2019
I had a perfect time in Shanti Maurice with the Ayurveda Rejuvenation programme. Amazing food, treatments, sessions and members of staff. Not to mention the breathtaking location. Truly magic! Health and Fitness Travel was great at finding this holiday for me, thank you!
CarrieVisited December 2018
I don’t have enough words to describe how beautiful the location is! It’s by far the most beautiful place I have ever visited. Spa treatments and fitness activities are very high quality. I will definitely return!
KatherineVisited August 2018
Shanti Maurice is a dream… An incredible Spa. Everything there is excellent and the location is simply stunning!
AnnieVisited September 2017
Ah Shanti Maurice! What a bliss! Everything was superb, particularly the Yoga, Pilates and all treatments. I’m recommending it to all my friends and will return next year.