Nestled in a picturesque, typical village, everything about this place is delightful. It was a respite from a busy city, with beautiful views, charming decor, comfortable bed, dark and quiet sleeping, excellent, friendly staff, great restaurants, delicious breakfast and an amazing spa with everything you could want plus a snow room! I highly recommend this getaway!
Pilates at Casale Panayiotis
Immerse yourself in relaxation and exquisite Cypriot backdrops on this holistic Pilates holiday nestled in the ancient spa village of Kalopanayiotis at Casale Panayiotis. With calming treatments at the Myrianthousea Spa, mindfulness meditations with expert instructors and private Pilates sessions there’s no time for stress during your stay. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, you’ll focus on improving your flexibility, posture, and coordination, whilst also enjoying the traditional delicacies and incredible mountain trails that surround Casale Panayiotis. The perfect opportunity to kickstart your wellness journey, this Pilates holiday gives you the chance to rediscover the balance between your mind, body, and soul.
|7 nights accommodation|
|Breakfast (other board options available)|
|Return private transfers (included, but optional)|
|Flights available on request|
- 7 x Private Pilates sessions
- 2 x Full Body Relaxing Massage or Mediterranean Body wrap or Head massage or Royal Milk Bath Rituals
- 1 x Hatha Yoga or Mindfulness Meditation
- Daily use of the Hydrotherapy and Thermal Suites included (2 hours per visit per day in peak periods, please pre-book at the Spa Reception)
Exclusive for Health and Fitness Travel guests
- Free room upgrade (subject to availability)
- Wine in the room on arrival
|DEPARTING BETWEEN||SHARING FROM Per person, based on two guests booking together and sharing a room (unless otherwise stated)||SINGLES FROM Per person, based on private single occupancy (unless otherwise stated)|
|01 Oct - 30 Mar 2023||£1,735||£2,040|
|01 Oct 2022 - 30 Mar 2023||£1,400||£1,705|
|01 Apr - 30 Sep 2023||£1,995||£2,285|
|01 Apr 2023 - 30 Sep 2023||£1,460||£1,750|
|01 Oct - 30 Mar 2024||£1,660||£1,970|
|01 Oct 2023 - 30 Mar 2024||£1,520||£1,830|
Display with estimated flight prices from UK included
Enquire with us to include flights from your preferred airport
Casale Panayiotis is set amongst the traditional mountain village of Kalopanayiotis, cascading down the mountainside, inviting guests to experience a tangible past now revived in a proud, Cypriot community. The verdant green valley, dotted with orchards and wild pine forests is interspersed with the classic terracotta roofs and historic byzantine chapels of mountain villages. Providing an escape from the relentless heat of the coast, a refreshing pine-scented breeze sways the tallest pine trees, whilst UNESCO protected churches and monasteries exude an aura of tranquility, standing serene among the forest, adorned with floor-to-celing Byzantine frescoes.
The three restaurants of Casale Panayiotis provide an incredible range of options from traditional Cypriot cooking, to a Cypriot-style Steak & Grill and casual dining with salads and wraps. The wellness resort is committed to restoring the ancient village to its former magnificence and to the land around it. Therefore, produce is sourced from the local communities as much as possible, making for seasonally influenced and fresh tasting meals from each dining venue. Cypriot cuisine is highly celebrated with dinner options of afelia – pork marinated in red wine and coriander – to breakfasts including wild local honey, Greek yoghurt and local mountain tea. Desserts include the traditional baked halva in orange syrup, ensuring stunning flavours alongside the accompanying views from each restaurant.
Byzantino Restaurant & Café
The Byzantino Restaurant, found at the heart of the resort, prides itself on mouth-watering traditional recipes influenced with mountain flavours and produce. Each meal can be enjoyed by candlelight with the spectacular mountain valley backdrop from the veranda or roof terrace. The Café serves light meals throughout the day, and local refreshments such as Cypriot coffee, mountain tea and homemade traditional delicacies.
Loutraki Steak & Grill
Set high in the village with stunning views across the valley, Loutraki is a Steak & Grill restaurant with a Cypriot twist, set in a contemporary space with flashes of copper, reminiscent of the days when villagers worked in the copper mines further down the valley.
With gorgeous south-facing views from its open-air terrace, Pantheon is the perfect place to enjoy a lighter meal option. Tasty salads, wraps and pizzas are the perfect choice to enjoy amongst the trees of the valley and the vibrant flowers adorning each table and balcony.
Facilities & Services
Nestled in the heart of the Troodos mountain range, get out and explore any of the fully-signposted circular walking trails that start and finish in Kalopanayitois, or go further afield to discover walking trails at the top of Troodos or hire a bike and explore the endless forest trails. If you’re lucky you may even spot mouflon, the very shy indigenous Cypriot wild mountain sheep.
For a slightly more indulgent and relaxed experience, take a wine tour of the rural Troodos villages, or visit nearby traditional cottage industries making famous local delicacies such as loukoumia (Cypriot Delight) or soutzoukos (grape & almond delicacy).
Alternatively for a more mindful and spiritual experience, visit one of the delightfully secluded byzantine monasteries and chapels.
Other places to explore nearby
Evrychou Railway Museum (30 min)
Kykkos Monastery (35 min)
Caledonia Waterfall (57 min)
April – June and September-November are the best months to visit Cyprus, with temperatures of between 18-28 degrees and more than 12 hours of sun per day to revel in.
For those after extreme heat, July and August rarely drop below 32 degrees, perfect for those looking to top up the golden complexion in-between relaxing spa treatments.
For those looking for a quieter experience, December to March holidays will enable you to enjoy one of the warmest winters in the Mediterranean, with more sunshine than a typical May in the UK. Temperatures range between 10-14 degrees in the mountains – perfect for winter walks, spa days, cultural exploring and even a spot of skiing.
80 Markou Drakou
Good to Know
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas
- 24-hour security
- Guide dogs allowed
- Wheelchair friendly
- Luxury Travel Guide Spa Award Winner 2018
- European Destination of Excellence 2018
- Cyprus Tourism Awards Winner GOLD: Contribution to Local Communities 2019
- Hatha and Vinyasa classes Wednesdays and Saturdays (Additional costs apply)
- Private yoga and Pilates sessions available
- Mountain, hybrid and road bikes available upon request
Diet & Nutrition
Each of the three restaurants has something different to offer, from traditional Cypriot cooking and casual dining to a light bites option and coffee shop. Across the 3 venues, they cater to a whole range of dietary requirements:
- Gluten Free (NB wheat products are present in kitchens so may not be suitable for persons diagnosed with Coeliac Disease)
- Dairy/Lactose Free
The Spa / Wellness Centre
Myrianthousa Spa is home to incredible facilities with seven treatment rooms, including a private couples suite with an outdoor whirlpool, a private mud cabin for two people and a private Chromotherapy Suite with indoor whirlpool. Main facilities include a hydrotherapy pool - with panoramic views – a sauna, herbal steam room, snow cabin, ice mist and tropical experience showers and foot baths.
The Spa is home to 26 incredible treatments and 14 treatment journeys meticulously designed and carried out by experienced professionals, including Drift Away massage using Frankincense, Lavender and Patchouli infused oils to induce ultimate calm and well-being, and a Vitamin C+ body wrap to rehydrate and protect the skin.
The spa has been designed with understated luxury and comfort in mind, the walls adorned with byzantine-style mosaics and quality chairs, massage tables and loungers to sink into for a relaxing wellness experience.
- Fitness centre
- 7 Treatment rooms
- One private couple’s suite with outdoor whirlpool
- One private mud cabin for up to two people
- Hydrotherapy pool: 12m x 5m (NB this is a massage pool, not a swimming pool)
- Herbal steam room
- Snow cabin
- Ice mist and tropical experience showers
- Foot baths
- Relaxation terrace
Myrianthousa Spa, translating to many blossoms – uses the healing qualities of the sumptuous, natural surroundings, such as the sulphur-spring waters in the valleys and the treatment minerals and oils, including goats milk and rose ceremonies and Mediterranean Body Wraps using lemon cypress, olive and grape oils. The region’s botanical treasures known for their positive effects on the skin and body have been intertwined with modern, high-tech spa facilities such as a hydrotherapy pool, snow cabin and chromotherapy suite to provide treatments and environments that guides each guest to enhanced health, wellness and zen-like relaxation.
- Treatment rooms
- Sports activities
- Group classes
- 1 x Room wheelchair accessible
- Grab rails in disabled toilets in public area
- Guide dog friendly
- Buggies / carts
- Doctor on call
- First Aid Kit
Private yoga and pilates sessions available
- 1 x Spa Manager
- 4 x Spa Therapists
- 1 x Receptionist
- 1 x Yoga Teacher
Seven traditional houses dotted throughout the village of Kalopanagiotis host 41 luxury rooms and suites at Casale Panayiotis. Each guest house has been lovingly restored to maintain its traditional character, with exposed stone walls, wooden shuttered windows, beamed ceilings and Cypriot textile décor. The charm of traditional Cypriot design has been expressed through furniture, embroidery and materials to create a feeling of luxury and comfort. Most rooms open to balconies and courtyards overlooking the mountain village or valley, whilst the traditional houses are situated to be a short walk through the rustic village to the restaurants, coffee shops and Spa.
All Rooms Include
- Wi-Fi in rooms
- Towels, bathrobes and slippers
- Soap, shampoo, shower gel, hair conditioner and body lotion
- A kettle, tea and coffee making facilities
- Individually controlled air-conditioning and heating
- In-room safe
- Smart TV
- Minibar (with surcharge)
Exclusive for Health and Fitness Travel guests
- Free room upgrade (subject to availability)
- Wine in the room on arrival
- Stay 4 nights, pay 3 for arrivals on Sundays - Wednesdays (Offers not combinable)
- Stay 7 nights, pay 6 for arrivals on any day of the week (Offers not combinable)
LaurieVisited January 2020
- Private balcony and terrace spaces to enjoy the views over the Troodos mountain valleys.
- The diverse range of Cypriot cooking and dining options across the 3 restaurants.
- The location of the luxury escape ingrained in a rustic and ancient village of Cypriot history.
- Exposure to high-tech spa facilities including snow cabin, hydrotherapy pool and chromotherapy light therapy, that can help to rebalance the mind and body.
- Spa treatments that rejuvenate the body and incite serene relaxation, using locally sourced oils and aromas such as the Mediterranean and Vitamin C+ body wraps.
- Many of the rooms do not offer step free access.
- Spacing between each facility due to the wellness hotel being embedded throughout a village, although this makes for incredible cultural exposure and integration.
- Incredible food and drinks options may be difficult to resist on your wellness journey. Yet a hike through the mountains may work off the extra glass of Cypriot wine.
Other programmes at Casale Panayiotis
Why Book with Health and Fitness Travel?
- Over 1100+ programmes to choose from worldwide
- Trained advisers in wellness holidays
- Exceptional bespoke service
- Carefully hand-picked destinations
Service & Value
- Best Price Guarantee
- Exclusive complimentary extras
- Impartial advice
- 99% Customer satisfaction
- ATOL & TTA protected
- Fully SSL-encrypted Website
- No credit cards fees
- Global support – we’re always here for you