Find and achieve, or simply learn to maintain your desired physique with the Weight-Loss programme at Grand Resort Bad Ragaz. Your doctor and nutritionist will first study your current eating and drinking habits and analyse your body composition, blood sugar, kidney function and cardiovascular test results. Achieve your short-term goals by attending daily personalised fitness training sessions, designed after examining the results, which will be complemented by your personalised diet plan. You will leave with plenty of ideas on how to continue with your enhanced state of well-being and weight-loss journey, so you continue accomplishing your long-term health goals at home.
Return transfers (included from Bad Ragaz station)
Flights available on request
- 2 x Comprehensive consultation with doctor (initial & end) - 3 x Consultation with nutritionist (initial, mid and end) - Laboratory tests for liver, kidney, thyroid, blood sugar and cholesterol levels & blood analysis - Examination of cardiovascular functions using ergometry (resting and stress ECG including lactate grade test) - 1 x Body composition measurements - Medical analysis of your nutritional and exercise behaviour - Weight loss diet plan - Daily 2 litres of Ragazer thermal water - Winforce® starter package (whey protein isolate, L-carnitine and a mixture of multivitamins and minerals as a dietary supplement) - Movement analysis including summary & personal training plan (Mywellness app) - 6 x Work-it-out personal training sessions - Daily autonomous workout session according to the work-it-out training plan - Personal health file - Personalised support throughout your programme
- Complimentary access to group classes including Pilates, Core power, Bootcamp, Aqua yoga etc. (subject to weekly schedule & availability) - Complimentary access to 36.5° thermal spa, Helena pool and Tamina therme (public thermal spa). - Complimentary access to fitness centre Benefit - Complimentary access to 18-hole mini-golf course.
Exclusive for Health and Fitness Travel guests
CHF 50.00 Spa credit per person per stay (minimum stay of 2 nights required)
SHARING FROM Per person, based on two guests booking together and sharing a room (unless otherwise stated)
SINGLES FROM Per person, based on private single occupancy (unless otherwise stated)
01 Sep - 20 Oct 2019
01 Sep 2019 - 20 Oct 2019
21 Oct - 18 Dec 2019
21 Oct 2019 - 18 Dec 2019
19 Dec - 31 Dec 2019
19 Dec 2019 - 31 Dec 2019
Display with estimated flight prices from UK included
Enquire with us to include flights from your preferred airport
Set along the foothills of the Swiss Alps overlooking lush vineyards, this luxurious wellness haven located in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland is home to the famous Tamina hot spring. The region has been well known since the middle ages for its 36.5°C thermal water offering natural baths to visitors to relax and enhance their health and healing. Make the most of this mineral-rich water by immersing yourself in various hydrotherapy treatments available at their world-class spa. In your down time, set out on a hike amidst these idyllic surroundings to enjoy valley views and cool mountain air.
Olives d`Or Modern and Mediterranean cuisine are blended in the form of home-made pasta and popular antipasti buffet. The Olives d’Or has light interiors, an inviting ambience and the delicious culinary creations. Open daily between 07:00 -11:00, 12:00 -22:00
Zollstube This cosy restaurant serves traditional and local Swiss specialities. With various fondue options, the Zollstube also serves 36.5 degrees Quell; the resorts official brand of beer, brewed specially with thermal water sourced from Tamina gorge. Open from Thursday to Monday between 18:00-22:00.
IGNIV by Andreas Caminada This Michelin star and 17 GaultMillau points restaurant creates special sharing dinners comprising of up to 30 different dishes served in unique pans and platters. The concept was curated by celebrated Chef Andreas Caminada to offer a one-of-a-kind fine-dining experience. Open from Wednesday to Saturday from 18:30 & from 12:00-18:30 on Sundays.
Namun Satisfy your craving for a Thai mango soup, steamed dim sums or any other Asian delicacy at Namun. With 13 GaultMillau points expect a plethora of colours, flavours and aromas to appeal to your senses. Open from Tuesday to Saturday between 18:00-22.00.
Restaurants gladys Chef Michael Pilman is known to conjure up dishes that reflect his love for wholesome and flavourful food. Set in the refurbished Golf Club House, this 13 GaultMillau points restaurant serves seasonal offerings, marrying old with newer culinary traditions. Open every day during the golf season between 8:30 – 22:00 (March until November)
Restaurant Schloss Wartenstein A favourite amongst the locals, restaurant Schloss Wartenstein serves a variety of local and international delicacies amidst its informal and relaxed setting. Dine in front of an open fire or in a stunning conservatory. Open from Wednesday to Sunday between 11:30 – 14:00 & 18:30 – 21:00.
Café Therme This relaxed and cosy café with panoramic views of the Graubünden mountains, serves energy boosting snacks, freshly blended smoothies and a variety of lunch and breakfast options. Open every day between 08:00 - 21:00 except for Fridays, its open between 08:00- 22:00.
Koiso Sushi Take away Head to Koiso, the sushi take-away, serving freshly prepared sushi for an authentic Japanese culinary experience. Open from Wednesday to Sunday between 11:30 – 19:30.
Hof bar Lead bartender Stefan Wich together with his team creates delightful drinks and cocktails at Hof Bar. Soft background music, the fire place and a stylish lounge make this bar exclusive in every way. Open daily from 10:00.
Restaurant Verve by Sven Seasonal, authentic and nature-loving. That’s how the healthy lifestyle kitchen at the restaurant Verve by Sven tastes. The Verve by Sven unites healthy, authentic dishes in a harmonious ambience. Here, only products of regional producers from sustainable agriculture and fair trade are being used. Uncompromising quality which is also reflected in the interior design. Natural materials meet warm colours and generate a lively and vibrant atmosphere. In addition there is a bar in the middle of the restaurant which invites to enjoy refined cocktails and drinks including without alcohol.
Restaurant Memories The Memories unites uncompromising quality, style and purism. A restaurant that evokes fond memories and creates unforgettable new ones.
Facilities & Services
- Kids club - Golf course - Library - Music salon - Thermal Spa - Benefit fitness centre - Medical health centre & clinic - Sports medicine clinic - Shopping centre - Conference rooms - Casino
Set in the east of Switzerland, Grand Resort Bad Ragaz is located an hour’s drive from Zurich and a three-hour drive from Munich. Limousine transfers are available for guests from the railway stations of Bad Ragaz, Sargans and Landquart. If you require transfers from other nearing railway stations or Zurich Airport, they can be arranged at an additional charge.
The idyllic town centre of Bad Ragaz is just a 5-minute walk away, home to many shops, supermarkets and restaurants. Choose to drive to the picturesque regions of Chur and Liechtenstein, located just half an hour away or drive longer; for 90 minutes to the tranquil Lake Constance.
Grand Resort Bad Ragaz AG, 7310 Bad Ragaz, Switzerland
Good to Know
Check in 15:00 and check out 12:00
Transfers to golf course available
Complimentary use of 18-hole mini-golf course in Kurpark
Access to all group classes
Resort Spa of the Year: Western Europe & Scandinavia, World Spa & Wellness Awards 2016
Best in Switzerland & Best in Hot Springs, SpaFinder Wellness Travel Awards 2015
Best Wellness Hotel of Switzerland, Connoisseur Circle 2015,2016,2017
Smoking is permitted only in certain lounges located at the Bar Hof and at the Golf Club House.
Alcohol is available to purchase
Use of personal communication devices is restricted in Bel-Air.
If you need to cancel a spa treatment, you will have to do so at least 12 hours in advance to avoid any cancellation charges.
Next Generation Festival: Held annually in February for 7 days, this festival showcases performances of talented international musicians especially from the younger generation. Both the Bernhard Simon hall and exclusive music salon provide the ideal setting for these first-class shows.
- Balance - Core power - Interval (high & low) - Circuit (high & low) - Body PerForming - Stability & mobility kinesis - Step & tone - Super fit kondi / bootcamp - Fascia training - Power walk advanced - Starter yoga - Pilates - Hantel workout - NIA dance - Functional training - PMR progressive muscle relaxation - Aqua fit - Aqua power - Aqua yoga
Please note that all group classes and activities shown are examples only and are subject to change, such as seasonal adjustments.
- Cycling - Mini golf - Cultural tours - Skiing - Mountain biking - Piano music sessions - Concerts
Diet & Nutrition
Grand Resort Bad Ragaz prides itself with its own take on nutritious food with its culinary health brand ‘Cuisine Équilibrée’. Staying true to its meaning of equilibrium in French, expect a fine range of healthy five-star dishes curated by executive chef Renato Wüst. Every dish you have is carefully designed after consultations with the resorts Doctors and Nutritionists to leave you filled with energy and a rediscovered sense of satisfaction. Relish on this nutrient rich cuisine available at Olives D`Or. When given notice, the Chefs cater to all allergies and intolerances. The following dietary preferences can be arranged on request:
- Gluten free - Dairy and lactose free - Wheat free - Vegan - Vegetarian - Juice fasting - Raw food diet
- Fitness centre (open for 24 hrs) - Jacuzzi - Pilates reformer - Plunge pool - Family spa - Thermal spa - 3 x Thermal water pools - Tamina therme (public area) - Tamina gorge (kneipp zone) - 19 x Treatment rooms - Mineral water pool - Indoor swimming pool - Outdoor swimming pool - Tennis court - Pilates and yoga studio - Swiss Olympic medical centre - Medical centre - Medical laboratory - Vein centre - MediQi - Radiology Sudost Bad Ragaz
The Spa & Wellness Centre
This five-star thermal spa encompasses 6,600 square metres in space and houses three hot-spring water pools, a family spa and an exclusive sauna. To provide a natural healing experience, water is sourced directly from Tamina gorge and used in all treatments and therapies as well as in each of the pools. Every guest also enjoys complimentary access to the 7,300 square metre public Tamina Therme.
Thermal spa facilities
- Helena pool (34°C) - Sports pool (28°C) - Family spa (31° C) - Garden pool (28°C) - Tamina gorge - Tamina therme (public area)
- Steam bath - 1 x Swarovski steam bath (45°C) - Sanarium - Finnish sauna (85°C to 90°C) - Non-nude salt sauna (85°C)
Tamina therme facilities
- Outdoor infusion sauna area - Herbal biosauna - Hydromassage showers - Heated recliners - Footbaths - Quiet rooms and relaxation recliners - La Ruga sauna bar
Medical Centre and The Clinic Bad Ragaz
The Medical facility is divided into three distinct departments namely diagnostics, prevention and rehabilitation. Every department is led by an experienced and extensive team of therapists, doctors, nutritionists and physiotherapists to offer you a transformational healthy break. Their approach is to cure, prevent or heal different kinds of illness and ailments, and constitutes a blend of mainstream medicine along with alternative forms of medicine, with the use of thermal water playing a central role.
The services available include:
- Check up & diagnostics (general health, sleep, gynaecology & fertility) - Nutrition, workout & metabolic optimising (health coaching, nutritional advice, weight loss, anti-ageing, detox) - Dermatology & beauty (Med skin care & laser treatments, plastic surgery, dental health & implantology) - Movement therapy & sports medicine (physiotherapy)
Facilities at the Medical Centre and the Clinic Bad Ragaz
Swiss Olympic Medical centre This exclusive sports medicine centre helps you with expert medical consultations, laboratory tests, performance diagnostics and orthomolecular treatments. The department is headed by expert doctors; Dr. Christian Schlegel and Dr. Christian Hoppe. They advise beginners as well as experienced fitness enthusiasts on training, nutrition, management of strains and optimisation of physical and mental performance.
Benefit This Qualitop certified fitness centre offers programmes for optimal weight management, specific sports and professional counselling sessions. Every guest is assured of qualified assistance throughout their training period along with high-end equipment and complimentary drinks available.
Perfect Smile This dental care centre uses interdisciplinary treatment methods and techniques to maintain or enhance your oral health. The dentists here have years of experience in providing various services including implantology and aesthetic dentistry.
Radiology Sudost Bad Ragaz The radiology testing centre offers a comprehensive range of the latest imaging techniques including MRI, neuro MRI, CT scan, X-ray, ultrasound, mammography and osteodensitometry.
MediQi Traditional Chinese medicine plays an important role in the approach adopted to achieving optimal health at Grand Resort Bad Ragaz. Every practitioner at MediQi has in-depth knowledge of this alternative form of medicine to provide you with noticeable and long-lasting changes in your well-being.
List of Fitness Equipment
- 2 x Treadmills - 2 x Sitting bikes - 2 x Schwinn spinning bikes - 2 x Vario crosswalker - 2 x Stand bikes - 1 x Row concept 2 - 1 x Omnia pull up Bar - 1 x Kinesis: all in one - 1 x Multi-press - 1 x Kinesis - core - 1 x Kinesis - step - 1 x Kinesis - press - 1 x Kinesis - low pull - 1 x Kinesis - high pull - 1 x Kinesis – overhead - 1 x Galileo Trainer - 1 x Sensopro Trainer - 1 x Pilates reformer - 3 x Kettlebells set - 1 x Dumbbells set - 10 x Foam roller - 10 x Pilates rolls - 20 x Yoga Material - Aquafit material - Flowtonics - Balance circle - Med balls - Gym ball - Rebounder - Boxing material - Bikes/E- bikes - Nordic walking - Tennis - Golf
The approach to wellness is centred around the use of thermal water directly sourced from Tamina Gorge to leave you healed naturally. This therapeutic water contains the optimal mineral content known to have a positive effect on your metabolism, blood circulation and cardiac functioning. Alleviate or reduce stiff joints as well as all kinds of lung and kidney issues with the healing power of this hot-spring water. The retreats own approach to healthy food, branded by the name Cuisine Équilibrée, along with the medical centre providing general and alternative forms of medicine, assure to leave you with enhanced health.
Typical Group Classes
Meditation & Silence
Fit & Fun
Mobility & Stretching
Balance & Stability
Belly and legs work-out
Please note that all group classes and activities shown are examples only and are subject to change, such as seasonal adjustments.
Access to the 36.5° thermal spa, Helena pool and Tamina Therme
Complimentary access to daily health and fitness activities and fitness centre
Test drive in the resorts popular Porsche Fun Car for a maximum of 3 hours subject to availability (at an extra charge)
Spin à la Easy Rider on the resorts Harley-Davidson during the summer months subject to availability (at an extra charge)
Electric bikes, mountain bikes, head test skis & head tennis rackets available to hire (subject to availability)
The extensive and experienced wellness team consists of:
- 6 x Massage therapists - 3 x Sports scientists - 2 x Personal trainers - 7 x Freelance massage therapists - 5 x Fitness experts - 7 x Freelance fitness experts - 1 x Naturopath - 4 x Medical therapists - 2 x Shiastu therapists - 17 x Physiotherapists - 10 x Beauty therapists
Each of the 263 rooms and suites offer breath-taking views of the surrounding gardens, parks or mountains and are decorated with fine furniture, subtle colours and state-of-the-art technology. Irrespective of the theme they follow namely sleek design, timeless elegance or stylish comfort, they assure you of a peaceful and luxurious stay.