Borgo Egnazia is a fairy-tale village resort set on shore-side olive groves, with every attention to detail carefully composed. Rather than a hotel, it is a patchwork of experiences, expertly crafted around the central idea of happiness.
Blue Zones Longevity Retreats at Borgo Egnazia
Scientific research has discovered five regions of the world, Blue Zones, where people are the healthiest and live longer than average. Borgo Egnazia’s Blue Zones retreats celebrate longevity and quality of life, reflecting the lifestyle and traditions of the Pulian environment. Join an immersive experience where participants live, eat, cook, and connect like the longest-lived cultures in the world in order to learn and share lifestyle secrets of longevity. Participants return home from an amazing experience with the tools and evidence-based strategies to make the healthy choice the easy choice, and new friendships to support their journey. The central goal of Blue Zones Retreats is to create an experience in which guests are fully immersed in the rituals and practices of the Power-9 (characteristics of Blue Zones). *
|5 nights accommodation (alternative durations allowed)|
|Full board (based on Blue Zone menus)|
|Return private transfers (included, but optional)|
|Flights available on request|
2021 Retreat Dates:
5 October - 10 October 2021
- 6 x Movement lessons in the Puglian countryside
- 5 Blue Zones cooking lessons
- 10 hours of Blue Zones concept
- 1 x Massage (50 min)
- 4 x Evening entertainment such as circus art, Italian movie night and traditional Pulian dancers
- Complimentary access to spa, wellness and fitness centre (including an outdoor sauna, steam bath, ice fountain, samarium, meditation room and emotional showers)
- Complimentary shuttle to private beach (seasonal)
- Complimentary attendance to group classes including yoga, hiking, cycling, mindfulness, stretching (subject to weekly schedule & availability)
Exclusive for Health and Fitness Travel guests
- 1 welcome fresh juice per person at the Spa Bistro for all the guests booking any kind of program through you;
- Only for the Blue Zones Retreats: €100 per person per stay spa credit for the first 10 confirmed bookings.
* Power 9 concept:
Move Naturally – Exercise and spend time in nature
Pupose – Wake up with passion and purpose
Down Shift - Detox from electronics and employ stress management skills
80% Rule - “Hara hachi bu” (the Okinawan mantra) to stop eating when 80 percent full
Plant Slant – A mainly plant-based diet
Wine at 5– A glass of resveratrol rich red wine
Belong – Stay connected with family and community
Loved ones first - Spend time with loved ones
Right tribe - Have circles that support healthy behaviours
|DEPARTING BETWEEN||SHARING FROM Per person, based on two guests booking together and sharing a room (unless otherwise stated)||SINGLES FROM Per person, based on private single occupancy (unless otherwise stated)|
|05 Oct - 10 Oct 2023||£3,960||£4,690|
|05 Oct 2023 - 10 Oct 2023||£3,870||£4,600|
Display with estimated flight prices from UK included
Enquire with us to include flights from your preferred airport
Borgo Egnazia is a castle-like haven for spa-seekers, located in the untouched region of Puglia in Southern Italy with the Adriatic Sea right on the doorstep. The location offers the chance to explore the charming fishing village of Savelletri only five minutes away, and offers an ideal chance to appreciate the Italian atmosphere that is unique to the Puglia region. Baroque architecture surrounds Borgo Egnazia which resonates throughout the rooms, albeit with a modern and refreshing twist, offering the ultimate wellness holiday.
This is the main restaurant open all year round, the menu changes for each season and offers home grown dishes or locally sourced food like traditional Pugliese (grilled octopus, beef fillet, and tomato gnocchi). It is a very sophisticated gourmet restaurant and the atmosphere is extremely elegant and refined with experienced connoisseurs of high quality cuisine. The dress code is in line with the ambience, which is neutral, smart with characterful touches.
La Frasca serves buffet and barbecues in the Borgo and shows of the Apulian farming experience. A comfortable and rustic atmosphere provides the ideal place for families and friends to reunite. The food is typical of an Apulian table with emphasis on local and Puglia-inspired ingredients, making it an ideal spot for fans of the Mediterranean diet.
Trattoria La Mia Cucina
Watch your dishes being prepared right in front of your eyes. This restaurant hosts cooking classes and serves traditional local dishes like wood fired pizzas and is a great location to embrace the social scene and rise to moments of fun conviviality in a relaxed and chilled atmosphere.
Pescheria da Vito
The Pescheria da Vito is located 5 minutes away on the beach at the beach club. With beautiful sea views, enjoy light and tasty salads, pasta dishes cooked right in the moment and grilled and raw fish which can be chosen directly from the person wanting it, like a fish market. This restaurant is for everyone, from families, to couples, to groups of friends who love fish and beautiful landscapes.
This open-air bistro provides an engaging, vibrant dining experience in the form of live cooking. Offering a wide range of options like flavourful BBQs, traditional breads and sauces and dishes from a rustic wood oven. Spreading a warm, welcoming atmosphere, the bistro is the perfect place for a casual dinner date to chat and soak in the Apulian flair.
This restaurant is exclusively made for the small guests, offering healthy and balanced meals that vary daily to provide enough energy to explore the exciting activities at the facility.
Facilities & Services
Full service Vair spa
Strada Comunale Egnazia
Good to Know
- Wi-Fi throughout
- Pet friendly
- Children of all ages welcome
- Smoke free property
- No children under the age of 18 are permitted in the spa centre
- Cell phones and electronic devices mustn’t be brought to the spa facilities but must be kept in the locker rooms
- Children must be supervised in the main buildings heated pool
- Best Spa Product Innovation - European Health and Spa Award 2019
- Hotel of the Year - Virtuoso Awards Best of the Best 2016
- Black Diamond category for the Best Spa Manager - Forum Hotel & Spa 2016
- First ever 'Remarkably Uncommon' Award - Leading Hotels of the World 2014
- Category Winner - Tatler Spa Awards 2014
- There is no additional charge for cleaning for guests travelling with pets. Only small dogs are allowed upon request and only in some room categories. No animals allowed in the common areas except Bar areas or Calamasciola if the dog is kept with themselves or in the basket. Guests are required to inform the hotel about pet presence at the moment of booking request.
- Bicycles are available for guests staying in Villas as complimentary. One bike per person for the entire stay. For guests staying in the other categories for the peak season, la Corte and Borgo, bicycles are complimentary for day use. Must be returned to Bike Point before closing.
- Anti-ageing music therapy (private lessons or small group classes available)
- Healing music ritual (private lesson or small group classes available)
- Wake surfing
- Fly boarding
- Scuba diving
- Swimming academy
- Motorboat outings
- Cooking classes
- Physco aromatherapy
- Teen’s club (football, cooking, sport, dancing, go-karting, adventure park, pool, arts & crafts, water sports)
- Playground on site
- Supervised childcare and activities
Nestled inside Borgo Egnazia, Vair is a 2000 m² psycho-alchemic Spa. ‘Vair’ meaning ‘true’, places inner beauty and joy as the central focus and goal of its wellness treatments that offer amazing out-of-body experiences. The highly skilled team is composed of masseurs, psychologists, naturopaths and therapists that helped develop unique techniques that nourish both the soul and mind. Apart from the candle-lit Roman Bath, there is also a bio sauna, a hammam table and a floating pool, facilitating a unique and authentic wellness break. The extensive list of indulgent spa treatments includes floating sessions that make you feel light and weightless, as well as vibrating massages to leave you happy and harmonized.
- Hot stone massage
- Detoxification wrap
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Spa tub in spa
- Facial treatments
- Roman bath rituals
- Floating sessions
The latest addition to your wellness experience portrays the state-of-the-art gym that features high-end training equipment by the leading fitness company Technogym. In a Mediterranean atmosphere, work on your strength and endurance with functional and cardio workouts whenever you feel like working out, as the gym is open 24hours a day. Seek professional advice from qualified personal trainers for a more efficient training to achieve your goals faster.
- Iyengar yoga
- Bike rentals
Borgo Egnazia’ s wellness approach is a mixture of luxurious, inspiring spa treatments and joyful activities to boost mood and energy. Explore the stunning landscape of Southern Italy during a bike or sailing tour before you unwind with a private yoga session in the spacious Iyengar yoga studio. They take things back to nature, striving to give back to the local communities by sourcing cuisine locally or growing it themselves. By designing the architecture to fit into the local buildings, they maintain the unique Puglian culture. Borgo Egnazia incorporate innovative and vibrating activities such as music therapy, to rediscover all the joys life has to offer and experience unconditional happiness during your stay.
Typical Group Classes
- Borgo joging
Please note that all group classes and activities shown are examples only and are subject to change, such as seasonal adjustments.
Borgo Egnazia boasts 184 rooms which spread throughout their grounds, all unique and authentic in their own way. Offering three different room categories, all exude an exceptional level of quality, luxury and elegance which resonates throughout. Choose from the La Corte range which emits a comfortable and relaxing environment, or the Il Borgo rooms that reflect the typical Apulian village homes. To experience the ultimate level of luxury and privacy then any of the ‘Le Ville’ villas are for you.
La Corte Bella
La Corte Splendida
La Corte Magnifica
Il Borgo Splendida
Il Borgo Magnifica
Il Casetta Bella
Il Casetta Splendida
Il Casetta Magnifica
All Rooms Include
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Air conditioning
- 3 x Telephones
- Private bathroom featuring speakers
- L’Amande bathroom toiletries
- Shower/bath combination
- Bottled water
- LCD TV with bluetooth
- Pay movies
- iPod docking station
- Daily housekeeping
- 24 hr room service
- In room massage available
Hollie’s Review of Borgo Egnazia, Puglia Italy
Joanna’s Review of Borgo Egnazia in Puglia, Italy
If you’re looking to relax and indulge yourself in luxury, then there is no doubt that Borgo Egnazia is the place to do so. Ideal for families, friends and singles alike, there is something for everybody, whether you want to switch off in Vair Spa or explore the local culture of Puglia.
Fiona's Review of Borgo Egnazia in Puglia, Italy
This is a wellness sanctuary for anyone that’s looking for a place to truly get away from it all. The perfect destination to spend some time being pampered, find some tranquillity and reconnect with yourselfo. Borgo Egnazia provides a five-star luxury wellness break for anyone who needs to take a step away from their daily life and find some inner peace. The integrated wellness programmes are…
- The interior design combines chic and quirky décor without compromising any grandeur. It is a truly phenomenal place to stay.
- The location – Puglia – oozes rustic charm and authenticity (just make sure you leave the hotel to see it at least once)
- The kids club located by the pool means that it is easy for children to dip in and out. They will have a great time (and it’s free!)
- The ‘connect dance’ class and therapy run by the Vair Spa encourages you to let go of your inhibitions and connect with another person.
- The sport and facilities are second-to-none. Where else can you find a hotel equipped with tennis courts, fitness centre, 3 swimming pools and an 18-hole golf course?!
- The spa features an in-house Shaman. During an ortho-bionomy session he will work with you to release tension and make alignment corrections in your body.
- Borgo Egnazia epitomises 5-star luxury.
- During the ‘summer holiday’ months of July and August, those without kids may find there are a few too many!
- During the winter months the clientele is predominantly corporate. Less focus is placed on appeasing families and kids.
Other programmes at Borgo Egnazia
Why Book with Health and Fitness Travel?
- Over 1100+ programmes to choose from worldwide
- Trained advisers in wellness holidays
- Exceptional bespoke service
- Carefully hand-picked destinations
Service & Value
- Best Price Guarantee
- Exclusive complimentary extras
- Impartial advice
- 99% Customer satisfaction
- ATOL & TTA protected
- Fully SSL-encrypted Website
- No credit cards fees
- Global support – we’re always here for you