Welcome to our Covid-19 Information Hub
We've curated all the latest information on the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in one place to help you make informed decisions about wellness travel.
The Impact on Travel
International Air Travel Falls
The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) have reported that a staggering 62 million travel and tourism jobs were lost in 2020 due to the effects of the pandemic.
Travel & Tourism GDP fell from £238 billion (10.1%) in 2019 before the pandemic struck, to just £90 billion (4.2%), a mere 12 months later, in 2020.
Over the summer, as travel corridors began to be formed and restrictions began to ease, many travellers welcomed the opportunity to book much-needed holidays only to have them curtailed by last minute restrictions including border closes, being taken of the travel corridor list and the introduction of quarantine measures.
The travel industry has consistently called for decreased or removed quarantine times in line with mass testing to grant greater travel access and help the industry to recover.
Changing Consumer Behaviour
Here at Health and Fitness Travel, we've seen a rise, where restrictions have allowed, in clients taking extended wellness holidays in our more remote luxury destinations with some even chartering private jets to access retreats in a safer, more efficient way.
We've also seen a rise in those choosing to holiday domestically - opting for staycation retreats that help to boost fitness, wellbeing and immunity on soil closer to home.
Book with Confidence
Our Flexibility Promise
Safe Travel Advice
TTA & ATOL Protection
Essential Travel Advice
For the very latest information on UK travel restrictions and requirements, please visit the Government's Foreign Travel Advice page.
It is currently illegal to travel abroad for holidays. Travel is only currently allowed if you have a permitted excuse as set out by the government.
The UK roadmap out of lockdown currently predicts that travel both domestic and international will be allowed to resume from the 17th May at the earliest, with a traffic light system in place to dictate restrictions. The industry is awaiting clarification on this.
Can I book a Holiday?
Our Wellness Travel Specialists are on-hand to give you the latest advice in line with restrictions and will be all too happy to help you plan your next wellness retreat. Our flexible booking policy means that if your holiday can't go ahead, we can change your dates, offer you a refund or a refund credit notice.
When booking a holiday, do be sure to choose a reputable travel agent with a clear COVID-19 booking policy and industry protections for your peace of mind!
- A negative COVID-19 test for entry
- Self-isolation or quarantining upon arrival subject to original destination and travel corridors
- Social distancing measures and reinforcement that may restrict services
- Masks to be worn on airplanes and in some countries, all public places unless medically exempt
- Temperature or thermal camera checks
- Completion and submission of passenger locator forms or similar for contact tracing in the event of an outbreak
You Should Not Travel If:
- Are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms or have done in the last 7 days
- Are self-isolating as a result of coronavirus symptoms
- Are sharing a household or support bubble with anyone who has experienced coronavirus symptoms in the last 14 days
- Have been advised by NHS Test & Trace to self-isolate