Samantha’s Snapshot Review of COMO Maalifushi, Maldives
- Blog Blog
Travel Specialist Samantha spent 48 hours at luxury 5-star hotel, COMO Maalifushi in the Maldives and this is her snapshot review…
When I daydream I imagine COMO Maalifushi, set on a tropical island, surrounded by white sand and stunning aqua blue waters it is easily accessible from Male via a short seaplane flight, which is a bucket list item itself. The resort offers a 44m free-form pool, COMO Shambhala spa, open air yoga pavilion, water sports centre, dive centre, boutique and library. Three restaurants and fruit and vegetables are locally sourced or grown in the onsite gardens and bottled water is recycled. Transport around the island is mainly by bicycle, which guests can collect shortly after arriving.
The 65 rooms including 31 suites are dotted around the island and overwater suites and villas are built out on wooden walkways. The sleek contemporary COMO design is immediately apparent, and the rooms are elegantly styled. The COMO Shambhala spa offers eight overwater suites perfect for a relaxing spa holiday, all with incredible views across the Indian Ocean.
The 24-hour gym is fully equipped with the latest cardio and strength training equipment as well as a variety of free weights and complimentary yoga classes are offered daily with the exception of Fridays.
Popular with couples, COMO Maalifushi would be perfect for a healthy honeymoon or special anniversary, families or friends traveling together would also enjoy their time here. The location makes it ideal location for a water sports holiday as there are lots of activities available and most take part in or on the beautiful water surrounding the island. You can snorkel or dive on the house reef even completing your PADI training to obtain your licence if you wish. In the surf season you can head out and tame the waves and in between you can try your hand at catamaran sailing or paddle boarding. For the health and wellness focused options include indulgent spa treatments in the COMO Shambhala spa, personal training or heading to the well-equipped gym and individual yoga and pranayama sessions with expert teachers are available. I recommend COMO Maalifushi to guests looking for dream luxury retreat with lots of healthy options.
Health and Fitness Features at a glance
- 24-hour gym and open-air yoga pavilion
- Complimentary daily yoga class, except on Fridays
- Personal training, private yoga, meditation and pranayama classes are available
- Healthy COMO Shambhala cuisine available
- Non-motorised water sports include catamaran sailing, kayaking and paddle boarding
- COMO Shambhala spa with 8 overwater rooms
- Sauna, steam room and outdoor pool
Notes & Recommendations
- If you are keen to go surfing then you’ll want to head over between April and October, this is the surf season there is also opportunity to windsurf or kiteboard or when there is no wind then you can head out on a paddleboard instead
- The scuba diving is exceptional so remember your dive license and log book if you are a diver
- You will take a seaplane transfer from Male to resort and there is a lounge to relax in when you arrive
- Join the complimentary yoga classes if you are after a gentle session however if you are more advanced yogi or would like to be challenged consider booking a private session
- Children of all ages are more than welcome; there’s a great kids club, child-minding services, a family-friendly pool and lots of activities to keep everyone occupied
- COMO Maalifushi isn’t a wellness property but a luxury property with the signature COMO wellness elements, so you’ll need to pack your own motivation or book in some personal training sessions if you want to improve your fitness.
How to Book
► Book through Health and Fitness Travel for a wellness package to suit your preferences. Choose from Diving, Surf Retreat, Discover or we can tailor a bespoke program just for you.
To request a quote or for more information visit our Cocoa Island page. Talk to one of our Travel Specialists on 0203 397 8891 or contact us here to discuss tailor-making your perfect wellness holiday.