Samantha’s Snapshot Review of Point Yamu, Phuket
- 09 February 2017 09 February 2017
Como Point Yamu is undeniably luxurious and sits in one of Phuket's more serene areas, just 25 minutes from the International airport. With the emphasis on wellness that the COMO brand is famous for, the vibe is electric and tranquil at the same time, expect top quality service with just 79 rooms, including 50 suites.
Here you can enjoy complimentary daily classes, as well as the luxurious Shambhala spa and cuisine if you choose or opt to dine on divine Italian fare or heavenly Thai cuisine. The perfect destination for a short break, a luxury healthy honeymoon or if you like to begin the day with yoga and watch the sunset over cocktails!
Health and Fitness Features at a glance
The essence of well-being permeates throughout, and the Como Shambhala Retreat which sits above the main pool offers a range of holistic treatments to improve mental quietude, physical wellbeing and spiritual balance. There’s also a yoga studio, two double and five single treatment rooms, four Thai massage alcoves, an outdoor deck with two plunge pools, plus separate male and female steam rooms, Jacuzzi and gym. Ladies, pack your favourite gym clothes, several bikinis and your best kaftan and gents, throw in your swim shorts, and take a collared shirt and your nicest boat shoes for dinner.
- Well-equipped gym
- Hydrotherapy pool, steam room and sauna in relaxation area
- Team of fitness instructors
- Bike tours through the local village
- Como Shambhala’s healthy cuisine is available at all the restaurants and via room service
- Complimentary classes including yoga, Tai chi, Thai kick-boxing and power walking
Notes & Recommendations:
- While Point Yamu is influenced towards wellness, be prepared to be swayed with a variety of options to indulge, this is not a dedicated wellness retreat but somewhere you can enjoy the best of everything, we recommend practising balance and enjoying a little of all on offer
- Be sure to have a massage or facial in one of the spa’s beautiful treatment rooms, we highly recommend the signature Como Shambhala massage
- Enjoy a pre or post treatment steam and Jacuzzi and take some time to sit and enjoy the view
- Private yoga and personal training sessions are available – just ask us to arrange for you
- The resort has no direct access to a beach. However, the good news is that the resort has a private Beach Club on the small island Naka Yai Island, 20 minutes by complimentary boat shuttle from the hotel
How to Book
► Book through Health and Fitness Travel for a wellness package to suit your preferences. Choose from the Optimal Wellness or Yoga, Pilates & Spa programs or pick a pathway on your very own Lifestyle Retreat or we can tailor a bespoke program just for you.
To request a quote or for more information visit our Como Point Yamu page.
Talk to one of our Travel Specialists on 0203 397 8891 or contact us here to discuss tailor-making your perfect wellness holiday.