Samantha’s Snapshot Review of Uma by COMO
- 06 February 2017 06 February 2017
A modern twist on the traditional Balinese hotels, COMO Uma Ubud is a tranquil haven on the edge of the bustling village, just an hour away from Denpasar International airport and 5 minutes from the city centre you will find the 46 contemporary rooms, suites and villas, poised on the side of the lush green Tjampuhan Valley, the Uma Pool Villas offer mesmerising views to the river below. All rooms are elegantly decorated and infused with the signature scent of eucalyptus and peppermint complemented by the softness of lavender and geranium. It’s perfect for a solo spa retreat or an indulgent healthy honeymoon.
Travel Specialist Samantha spent 24 hours at luxury 5 star property, Uma by COMO while in Bali
The two on-site restaurants, Kemiri and Uma Cucina, offer a variety of dining options from contemporary Indonesian cuisine to hearty Italian and you can enjoy the signature healthy Shambhala menu throughout the resort. Room service is available and a complimentary transfer to Ubud make this the ideal base for a day of exploring or your Bali Discover Recover holiday.
The COMO Shambhala Retreat focuses on holistic wellness, with active pursuits including temple visits, biking and trekking. There is small fitness room and yoga pavilion where you can enjoy daily complimentary yoga with mesmerising views. You’ll be spoilt for choice no matter what you’d like to do from luxury spa treatments, yoga or mountain bike riding, Balinese cooking classes or white water rafting, the team will happily arrange for you.
I would recommend this property to busy travellers looking for a luxury lifestyle retreat with more flexibility to dine, relax and explore as well as the option to indulge at the open air bar with a freshly made martini or relax poolside after a full day of activities, exploration and world-class spa treatments.
The view from the open air yoga pavilion at Uma by COMO in Bali.
Health and Fitness Features at a glance
- Open air yoga pavilion and daily complimentary yoga
- Small fitness centre on-site open 9am to 9pm
- Award-winning Como Shambhala spa
- Outdoor 25m infinity swimming pool
- Signature Como Shambhala healthy spa cuisine
- Complimentary guided walks (3 Days per week)
- Mountain bike tours, jungle treks and other active tours available
Travel Specialist Sam snaps a gym selfie in the small but well-equipped fitness centre at Uma by COMO
Notes & Recommendations:
- 20 mins walk from the centre of Ubud, this property is a great fit for guests wanting to explore more of Bali, complimentary hourly shuttle are available so soak up the culture by visiting some of the many temples, galleries and museums or shop till you drop in this area well known for homewares and antiques.
- This luxury property offers wellness elements perfect for a balanced getaway and the restaurant is split into smoking and non-smoking areas for your comfort.
- Book an Uma Pool Villa to enjoy your own infinity pool and panoramas of the lush valley.
How to Book
Book through Health and Fitness Travel for a wellness package to suit your preferences. Choose your own pathway from Calm, Culture or Connect with our exclusive Lifestyle Retreat programs or we can tailor a bespoke program just for you.
To request a quote or for more information visit our COMO Uma Ubud page. Talk to one of our Travel Specialists on 0203 397 8891 or contact us here to discuss tailor-making your perfect wellness holiday.