Samantha’s Snapshot Review of Phuket Cleanse
- 03 September 2018 03 September 2018
Travel Specialist Samantha spent 72 hours at Phuket Cleanse and this is her snapshot review…
Less than an hour from Phuket airport is a health and fitness haven Phuket Cleanse, owned by husband and wife team Stanton and Melanie Proctor. The private retreat is situated on a private property with 18 rooms split across three blocks. Each room is air-conditioned and optimised for sleep and features either a king-sized or twin beds, bathroom, fan, towels, and organic toiletries.
The rooms are very comfortable, however it’s unlikely you’ll spend much time in them with a plethora of activities on offer including strength training, Muay Thai, kick boxing cardio, beach boot camp, TRX, HIIT, circuits, functional fitness, body weight classes, power walking, hiking, swimming, aqua aerobics, several types of yoga such as aerial, hot and yin, flexibility sessions and Pilates. Many of these classes are run from the RAW gym which is located just a short taxi ride away which makes this the perfect destination for an active holiday.
But it’s not just about the fitness, with life coaching, meditation, education seminars, cooking classes, excursions, spa and recovery sessions also available (see an example of the weekly schedule here)
There are many experts working there and they love what they do, the passion shines through and positively radiates from the kitchen where the quality and range of food will surprise you. On a typical day, breakfast includes a juice buffet and superfood shots, organic eggs, protein pancakes, chia pudding and servings of fruit. Tasty soups are served with buffet style meals for lunch and dinner. And while the meals are vegetarian and mostly raw, each day is themed whether it is Thai style, Indian inspired, Mediterranean, or Mexican – it is all bursting with flavor and there’s plenty of it – no one goes hungry there! You can also learn how to make the food at home during this nutrition-friendly getaway with classes three times a week.
Phuket Cleanse would best suit guests ready to make a change, improve their health, for a fitness holiday where you are looking to kick-start or improve your overall well-being and even an anti-ageing holiday as they can teach you how to turn back the clock. They welcome guests from all walks of life and all fitness levels and each class can be tailored to suit your ability. The group atmosphere creates a real comradery and the program experience is tailored to each guest. Not recommended for guests seeking a luxury 5-star beachfront hotel or who prefer to just do their own thing.
Health and Fitness Features at a glance
- Minimum 4-5 x strength, cardio, and flexibility workouts per day
- Steam sauna, FAR infrared sauna and ice bath
- On site spa and full body massage four times per week
- Raw food cooking classes (typically 3 times per week)
- Workshops and master classes on health, nutrition, detox and energy optimisation
Notes & Recommendations
- There is a lot on offer at Phuket Cleanse, once you arrive, you’ll meet with one of the expert team and they’ll recommend an itinerary to suit your preferences and goals. There are even more inclusions on offer when you arrive but they’ll help you cut through the overwhelm
- Remember to pace yourself and to make use of the recovery elements so you can enjoy your stay—the ice-bath works wonders
- There is a complimentary daily beach shuttle each day, and you are welcome to do as much or as little as you like each day
- There is a complimentary same day laundry service so you can pack light, but you will be doing lots of activities so bring active wear you can mix and match and you’ll only need casual clothing
- Boat trips and other local excursions are included so you’ll have the chance to see some of Phuket during your stay
How to Book
► To request a quote or for more information visit our Phuket Cleanse page
Talk to one of our Travel Specialists on 0203 397 8891 or contact us here to discuss tailor-making your perfect healthy holiday.