Samantha’s Snapshot Review of Maya Ubud Bali
- Blog Blog
Travel Specialist Samantha spent 48 hours at luxury 5 star property, Maya Ubud Resort & Spa on a recent trip to Bali and this is her snapshot review…
Just over an hour from Denpasar and close to Ubud centre, Maya Ubud Resort & Spa is situated amongst 10 hectares of lush tropical gardens bordered by the Petanu River Valley and rice paddy fields. The main building houses the spacious superior and deluxe rooms, plus two of the three restaurants, and the villas are spread out across the gently sloping hills, where you will also find the fitness centre and golf putting green. The award-winning Spa at Maya and the River Café are at the bottom of the valley accessed by a combination of stairs and a lift.
The villas each feature a traditional Balinese thatched-roof, canopy beds, terraces and living areas with flat-screen TV’s; and the Deluxe Pool Villas also offer private plunge pools. There are two infinity pools that drop off into the trees which are bursting with flowers, offering a relaxing setting for a spa holiday with treatment rooms located besides the nearby river, so that you can enjoy your massage in truly stunning surroundings.
24 hour room service is available and a complimentary transfer to Ubud hourly from 9am through to 5pm provides the perfect starting point for a day of exploring or as a base for a Bali Discover Recover holiday where you can combine cultural discovery with wellness retreat recovery. There is also a tennis court and yoga studio where private coaching can be arranged.
Popular with couples, this could be a great start for a healthy honeymoon, friends travelling together and independent solo travellers. There are so many day tours and things to do, that there really is something for every type of guest. For the wellness focused options include spa treatments and activities like yoga and Pilates, as well as nature walks, cycling adventures and river trekking.
The grounds are beautifully manicured, very spacious and peaceful. The level of attention to detail and service was very good, and this property was perfectly safe for a solo female traveller. I would recommend Maya Ubud to guests looking for an affordable luxury retreat with lots of healthy options as well as the choice to indulge at the open air bar or with a decadent dessert after a full day of activities, exploration and spa treatments.
Health and Fitness Features at a glance
- Well-equipped fitness centre open from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm daily
- Complimentary daily activities from 3:00pm to 4:00 pm daily (varies daily - options include: Tai Chi, Nature Walks, Introduction to Pilates and Meditation)
- Open air yoga studio with complimentary daily class 7:00 am to 8:00 am
- Tennis court with racquets and balls and practice partners available on request
- Personal training available on request
- Award-winning spa
- Two outdoor swimming pools
- Three restaurants including healthy options at the River Café
Notes & Recommendations
- Rest and rejuvenate: there's a good-sized swimming pool and a handful of loungers down by the River Café in the dedicated wellness zone this area is usually quieter than the main pool, is smoke-free and you can enjoy the healthy food & juices on offer here as well. Another great option is to book a villa with a private pool.
- Join the complimentary yoga classes if you are new to yoga or if you are more advanced yogi consider booking a private session to enhance your current practice.
- Remember you are heading into a beautiful riverside resort surrounded by Balinese jungle so to avoid any bites be sure to pack insect repellent and expect to see some friendly local geckos hanging around each evening.
- Note this isn’t a wellness property but a luxury property with wellness elements so you’ll need to pack your own motivation or book in some personal training sessions if you want to improve your fitness, or you can choose to enjoy a few treats here.
- Take advantage of the in-room bath menu as an alternative to going to the spa for a relaxing soak.
- Centrally located to explore Ubud this is a great location for guests wanting to explore more of Bali.
- For late flights there is a complimentary guest lounge offering showers and luggage storage so you can make the most of your last day.
How to Book
► Book through Health and Fitness Travel for a wellness package to suit your preferences. Choose from Maya Ubud Adventure and Maya Ubud Spiritual Journey or we can tailor a bespoke programme just for you.
To request a quote or for more information visit our Maya Ubud Resort & Spa page.
Talk to one of our Travel Specialists on 0203 397 8891 or contact us here to discuss tailor-making your perfect wellness holiday.
Find out Why to Book with Us and further details on How to Book.